Testing of Availability check using Capable to Promise
This Post is continues of earlier 5 posts on GATP Configuration.
SAP APO GATP Configuration part-6
Ability to schedule production when Product is not available after checking the Basic methods. When the PPDS is triggered there is simultaneous capacity and Material availability check.
4.1) All the Material (Test01_FG01, Test01_FG02, Test01_FG03, Test01_FG04)is transferred to APO and
Integration model is Active. Also, integration model should be active for Customer also.( Already Maintained)
3.2) Active integration model was setup for the transferring of Sales orders and Availability check. Before transferring the sales order, the Availability check should be active in the CIF integration model. Also, check Int Model for transferring the stock is active. .( Already Maintained)
3.3) In APO system Check Mode 050 and ATP Group 02 should be maintained in the ATP Tab. .( Already Maintained)
3.4) Master data setup for Capable to Promise
In the Product Master for location PP01 maintain the PPDS horizon as “5 days” and PP Planning Procedure maintain 3 ( Cover dependent requirement id).
3.5) In addition to the above the resource, ppm created, which we discussed as a Part of earlier Master data.
Check the configuration discussed earlier for the “Maintain check instruction”.
IMG > Advanced planning and Optimization > Global available to promise > Maintain Check Instruction
For check mode of 50 and Business event of “A,”, Select only check Box 1) Product check. 2) select rule based ATP 4) In Start Immd availability check the rule evaluation 4) In the start Production availability check first then Production and in Production time after executing all Basic methods.
- Clear all the old sales order (Demand Element) before we do the CTP check. This can be done once if we delete the sales order the same will be deleted in APO because of CIF.
- Next is go to Product View and check for Stock of Test01_fg01 at Location DC01 and Location DC02. It has the stock of 10 at DC01 and make a goods receipt in ECC for the same Product at DC02 for 10 PC.
- Now stock is 10 at DC01 and DC02 Respectively.
- CTP will be triggered after completing the Availability check, Allocation, Rule-based availability check. So the setting of the Rules based will be applicable here also.
- Master data setup for Rule-Based Availability check( As the same as Previous Check)
3.4.1) Advanced Planner Optimization > Master data > Rule Maintenance > Integrated Rule Maintenance
Select the Rule > GATP_EXP1
Go to Location Product Substitution > GATP_PL01
Maintain Location/Product Substitution rules.
|Location||Product||Subs Location||Subs Product||Activity||Reason||Cost|
The Activity overrules the Configuration setting which we defined in IMG. In IMG we will be defining in check instruction (with ref to Check Instruction and Business Event) , what are the Basic method to be called, whether rule-based availability to be activated , CTP to be called, MLTP to be called or not. In an activity, we will maintain with ref to Business event, check an instruction the production to be called or Not.
3.4.2) Create Rule determination- Means Link the rule to the Material/location Combination.
Advanced Planner Optimization > Master data > Rule Maintenance > Create Rule determination
Condition type- GA01
Select Key combination- Location/product
Enter location and product and attach the rule which we defined.
Location – DC01
Product – Test01_FG01
Rule – GATP_EXP1.
Assumption: Condition type Configuration is already created.
11. Now test the simulation mode in APO for availability check. Advanced Planner optimization > Global ATP > ATP Simulation. Enter the following details in APO Availability check: Simulation: Initial screen
- Product- Test01_FG01
- Location- DC01
- Check the mode- 050
- Business event- A
- Material Availability Date: Today
- Req Qty: 100
The Result will be first it commit for 10 qty at Test01_fg01 at DC01, 10 qty at Test01_fg01 at DC02 and Balance (80) will be produced at Test01_fg01 at Location PP01. This will be triggered in simulation mode as well as from ECC system. Here we are considered Allocation into account.